As of 2 May 2013, the Polish Air Navigation Services Agency implements changes into publications of Aeronautical Information Service, concerning conversion from metric into non-metric units. The conversion applies to: the value of altitude, navigation distances, descent/climb speed and speed. The data will be published appropriately in feet (ft), nautical miles (NM), feet per minute (ft/min) and knots (kt).
Particular values will be converted and expressed as follows:
- airspace elements below the transition level - the upper limits will be rounded up to the nearest whole hundreds of feet, whereas the lower limits will be rounded down to the nearest whole hundreds of feet;
- airspace elements above the transition altitude will be expressed in flight levels (FL);
- vertical limits of the delegated airspace will be published pursuant to the decision of the minister in charge of transport;
- the maximum limit of MET radiosonde balloons and the upper limits of the gas explosion risk zones will be rounded up to the nearest whole hundreds of feet;
- the altitudes/heights of aeronautical obstacles will be rounded up to the whole feet;
- elevation of the DME antenna shall be expressed, as so far, in metres.
In connection with the exchange of all flight procedures, procedural charts will be exchanged successively. Procedures to be changed/introduced and are in effect as of 2 May 2013, will be expressed in non-metric units. Procedures which are not to be changed as of 2 May 2013 will be supplemented with a conversion table.
The transition period is planned to last until 1 May 2014.
Aerodrome Charts (AD EPxx 1-x-x) and Aerodrome Obstacle Charts (AD EPxx 2-x-x) are not subject to transitional period and will be exchanged by the aerodrome Administration, as the need for update arises.